CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 18, 2007

Learning to be a Daddy

On Saturday, Michael and I attended an infant care class in which you learn how to care for your new baby. When we got there, about 5 minutes late thanks to me, there was only one table left. We sat at the table and our gaze fell upon a little African American baby doll that we would "care for" for the next 6 hours. We were an inter-racial family! Dave and Amy would be so proud!!

Anyhow, her name (that's right, the baby's name could be found on the small hospital ID bracelet on her wrist) was Diana Hospital. Michael took the lead in caring for Diana since I have had some experience with infant care thanks to my nephews. Throughout the day, Michael practiced bathing, changing a diaper, and dressing the baby. Check out the videos of Michael's fine work:). Sorry to say that I missed the very best one: when he changed the diaper. It was comical and endearing! I know that within the first few days of "the real thing", he will be a pro!

2 comments:

K.M.L said...

You will both be great parents!!!

Sue said...

Hi Erin and Michael, so where is the video, sounds like fun :-)