CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 23, 2007

Massive Head Wound Harry

The Malone household saw a very busy weekend. I don't think that we slowed down the whole time. Friday, we went to the zoo with my sis and the nephews. It was Yuri's first trip to the zoo, not that she will remember it. It was a beautiful day though and we all had a great time.
























The other children are a friend of Renee's. They were all so cute. I know that it looks like the sun is shining right on Yuri, but it really wasn't in her face.



















Too much excitement for Yuri. Time to rest!























Aunt Nae, Yuri and a bear























Daddy, Yuri and a polar bear



















Mommy, Daddy and Yuri in front of the zoo.




















Saturday we went swimming in the afternoon. Yuri and Daddy sunbathed in the shade!




































Saturday night, we went out to visit Shippy, a friend that still lives in Guam. He is in town visiting. It was really nice to see him again! We miss him!


















Shippy and Yuri

On Sunday, we went to church in the morning and then to eat with some friends from church. We went home and took a short nap and then went to Michael's soccer game. When we got there, I had to feed Yuri so I stayed in the car to do so. A little time later, Liz comes knocking on the window saying that Michael was hurt and had to go to the hospital. He had collided with the goalie while going up for a header. He had and gash above his right eyebrow that was very deep. Not to be too graphic but you could see his skull and his eyebrow drooped down because there was nothing to hold it up. Luckily, we had some help from Pancho's parents. They drove Michael to the ER and I followed. I am so glad they were there to help b/c I had my hands full with the baby.
When we got to the hospital, they decided that he would have to get stitched up by a plastic surgeon. Michael actually had muscles that had to be reconnected and some nerve damage. The surgeon did a great job though and Michael looks good. Here is a pic of the gash. It truly doesn't do it justice though.

4 comments:

heather said...

wow, that'll make for great family photos!! haha!
that's gotta hurt!

Anonymous said...

that picture reminds me of uncle leo...why are you so angry? i don't like your tone!
i am glad that you are all stitched up and not leaking anymore.
see you this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Please, can you PM me and tell me few more thinks about this, I am really fan of your blog...

Anonymous said...

Jeez, Nasty Gash! This exact thing happened to me apart from i got a hockey ball in the face at 70 mph, How many stitches did you need? I needed 18, Anyway glad its healed well :D