CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Daddy's Day

So, I am so excited because I have been blogging for long enough to do this with last year's Daddy's Day post!

I just quickly wanted to share Michael's first "official" Father's Day. Yuri and I really tried to make his day special! It is amazing to think that we haven't even been parents for a year and it has already been rewarding and challenging. It is really amazing to share this experience with my BFF!
We started the day by making Michael's favorite breakfast: Breakfast Burritos. Yuri and I had cards for daddy to open and a gift. This year, we got Michael wireless outdoor speakers for the deck. More on that later! Then we went to church. Michael had and soccer game and Yuri and I went to meet my dad for brunch. We tried to make it to Michael's soccer game after that, but we pulled up right when the game was ending. Yuri sported her "I love Daddy" shirt today for the occasion.
That's right, John McCain card just for Michael! Front says: You're a terrific Dad! Inside: I'm John McCain and I approve this message. Ha!!
We had a relaxing afternoon/evening with the Starks. I am excited to announce that my friend Evie (the female version of the Starks) started her own blog tonight which is listed on the "Blogs I Read" section. Visit her blog and encourage her to post. We BBQed and played my new favorite game "Settlers of Catan" on the deck, where we enjoyed the new speakers. These speakers are so awesome b/c they are completely wireless, so we don't have to worry about hiding wires. Also, the trasmitter works for up to 150 ft. Which means we just have it plugged in inside. The transmitter connects to pretty much anything; a radio, MP3, computer, or even the TV. Tonight we hooked it to the computer and listened to Pandora. There are a few pics of the speakers below. I just mounted them on the deck railing.
I think Michael enjoyed his Daddy's Day and I hope he knows how much we love and appreciate him! You are a wonderful daddy!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Hello, Looks like you had a really nice fathers day. We spent it at Eddies dads house and slip and slided with the kids. Had lots of fun but very sore the next day. Guess I must be getting older:( See you guys this weekend.

evie said...

Working on my blog!!! It's very exciting! I'm not at home though, so I'll post some pictures tonight. Happy trip home from New Orleans today!

Jamie Noel said...

Hello! I'm sure Yuri had a super-fun first birthday! I was thinking about you guys today! Anyway, I wanted to let you know that I finally started my own blog, and I wanted to give you the link: http://xtallgirl35.blogspot.com/ Its not very exciting, but I thought I would try! Have a great week!